Energy Storage Systems
Explanations About Functions / Advantages
- Photovoltaic systems, fuel cells, batteries and capacitors deliver DC current.
- Enhanced energy efficiency
- Use of braking energy within the DC link
- Lower conversion losses in energy storage systems and renewable energies
- Integration of various energy storage technologies (e. g. batteries, capacitors, flywheels).
- Coupling and control of several distributed energy storage units and feeders based on droop control without additional communication devices.
- Use of a common energy storage by distributed loads in a DC load sector.
- Combined use cases of energy storage systems
- Reduced peak loads
- Increased renewable self-consumption
- Enhanced security of supply and reduced downtime (uninterruptible power supply)
- Islanding due to swift disconnection from the AC grid