Bidirectional DC Power Supply
Benefits and Enhancements
- Active voltage regulation is possible. The DC voltage level can be higher than a rectified AC voltage and is independent from the AC level.
- Enables full separation from the AC grid. In case of a net fault the DC grid can operate with stored energy.
- Reduced harmonic distortion on AC side. No additional power factor correction unit is required.
- Reduced risk of production faults.
- Peak power reduction is enabled in combination with an energy storage system.
- Possibility of energy feed-back into the AC grid.
- Redundant parallel connected power supply units are possible. Shutdown of single power supply units at low load factors is a feature to save energy.
- The active AC/DC power supply may be combined with photovoltaic cells and battery storage in the same DC grid.